I’ve been writing a lot lately about Beirut, being Lebanese abroad, and things that remind me of home, when I do in fact have a wealth of adventures to share. It’s just that you have to bear with me a slight bit while I figure out what is the exact approach I want to take in my writing (as well as wait for the pictures from some friends of some of these adventures).
One of these is this weekend I learned it’s important to have friends who have friends who have cars in the foreign country you happen to have moved to for the year. Because on that weekend, I ended up being in three different countries at once, as well as the highest point in the Netherlands, AND willingly let myself get lost (in a labyrinth no less)
Beat that Mandy Moore in “A Walk To Remember!” (You know, this scene
But never mind that.
Since this event happened about three weeks ago and I have so much to study and read, I can’t possibly give you the play-by-play of that day. Luckily for you, I had my trusty camera on hand to document the proceedings.
1. Meet the companions for this journey:
2. Some sightseeing in town before heading out to the maze
3. Sight from the road
4. We are there
5. The essential welcoming sign
6. Trying to be Dutch
7. More signs
8. Diagram of the maze- I mean who willingly wants to get lost? Oh, us…
9. Obstacles in the maze
10. From a bridge
11. Some fun times
12. Go that way, no go this way
13. Shot from the other bridge
14. Water water everywhere
15. A reward for finishing the maze
16. At the highest point of the Netherlands
17. Group picture in 3 places at once
18. More being in 3 places at once- Resisting the temptation to speak in three languages at once
19. Wave your flag proudly
20. Most annoying thing in the world!
21. Alex’s Anything-Goes Pasta sauce to end the adventure (or at least the sightseeing part of it)